Domestic Staffing Descriptions – Chauffeur ~ Call: 646-290-8891
A chauffeur is responsible for driving clients, family members, and guests to social and
professional appointments. Chauffeurs are expected to care for the vehicle(s) cleanliness & maintenance, and ensure the vehicle(s) are operating properly. A chauffeur may drive family members to and from their daily activities, which may include school, work, and various business and social functions. They help their passengers get in and out of the car, carry packages and luggage, and run errands. Because they are responsible for keeping their employers’ cars in good condition, chauffeurs spend some of their working hours washing, waxing, and polishing the cars. They make arrangements to have the cars serviced and repaired. They often make minor repairs and adjustments themselves. Many chauffeurs who work for private households also have other duties, such as cleaning walks and driveways and exercising pets.
A chauffeur performs miscellaneous errands, such as carrying mail to and from post office. May make overnight drives and extended trips requiring irregular hours. A chauffeur may also be experienced in personal security and bodyguard techniques.
Chauffeur job duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Checking the car or limousine to ensure that it is in good condition at all times.
- Ensuring that the car is equipped with the necessary amenities for passenger comfort such as music and snacks.
- Picking passengers at their location such as hotels or homes without delay.
- Opening doors for the passengers as they board the car and ensuring that they are comfortable during the entire journey.
- Assisting passengers to alight safely at their destination.
- Good familiarity with the area of operation.
- Good understanding of protocol in some areas of operation (such as airports).
Hire a Chauffeur today!